About This Episode
The myth that you need SOPs to keep everything from falling through the cracks and get your online coaching or consulting business to scale gets busted by Breanne and Jill. In fact, the more detailed SOP, or checklist, you create for your teams, the more cracks you create in the process. Learn a better way to empower the creative problem-solving skills of your team members, and keep yourself out of the weeds, that detailed SOPs will never be able to solve on this episode of the Visionary CEO Podcast.
- [1:33] Today’s myth that Breanne and Jill are tackling: you need to have SOPs if you want to grow your business, get things done properly, and to make sure things don’t fall through the cracks.
- [2:53] Keila Hill-Trawick joins the conversation to share her experience busting this myth. She runs a CPA firm called Little Fish Accounting out of DC that serves clients across the country.
- [5:26] The difference between an SOP and a checklist.
- [10:48] Granular, detailed SOPs disempower the creative problem-solving abilities in your team members. Checklists will kill innovation!
- [15:36] Make sure your core process maps out.
- [18:58] Make sure your team ownership maps out.
- [21:56] An SOP really needs to be from the perspective of results, outcomes focused, and ownership.
- [26:18] Join Breanne and Jill next week as they bust another myth!
Mentioned in This Episode
Production for Visionary CEO Academy Podcast is provided by Podcast Taxi.